Creative Software Solutions
One Week Game
I recently finished a contract and rather than immediately starting the search for my next client I've decided to take some time off to work on a solo project.
To keep motivated and to provide some form of goal I am going to set myself the challenge of writing a game from scratch in just one week. I'll be making updates here every evening so you can see my progress.
My aim is to have a complete game ready by this time next week.
- Day 1 - Concept, movement and blocks.
- Day 2 - Bigger blocks, collision bugs and level loading.
- Day 3 - Level select, progress tracking, saving, loading and improved block tiling.
- Day 4 - More collision bugs, improved level functionality and menus.
- Day 5 - Art and level design.
- Day 6 (the weekend) - 3D rendering and a new puzzle.
- Day 7 - The beta release.
I'm a software guy and my level of art ability just about extends to stick men, so if there are any artists out there who fancy getting involved with this challenge then please send me an email or give me a call. I'm going to be using the offices at the Birmingham Science Park at Faraday Wharf for part of the week, so if you're local and able to pop in and work on this together that's even better.